Friday, January 13, 2012

Milk...To Drink or Not to Drink???

I love milk! The taste, the coolness against my throat as it goes down, perfect cure for a hang over, warmed-it is a great nightcap. My list is long and loving. I have had this relationship with milk as long as I can remember.

But, I love to do little half assed research projects and I stumbled on a few too many articles tonight spouting why us humans should not drink milk. How can that be?? All we have ever been told is drink milk...it does a body good. Infants can't drink milk, but as soon as that little bugger turns 1 years old start the moo cow i.v.. Have you seen those beautiful people in all the commercials and posh magazines??

So, just search Why is milk bad? You will find a slew of pages spouting the horrors of milk. The one that particularily caught my attention was...milk possibly may play a central role in the origins of heart attacks. O.K., now to me this is very far fetched. I mean really? Milk and heart attacks. How can that be? And what would the billboard look like...a 20 foot bombshell of a woman with a milk mustache and a crappy EKG?

So on a curious side. I am 42 years old and just had a heart attack. Everyone says "Ohhh my, but you are so young." And I have to say I agree. I do not feel like I should have to be concerned with ..did I take my heart meds today..hmmm am I stressed or is that a pain in my chest..
Could I just stop drinking milk and not have to worry about all the other crazy stress of my life? Who knew it could be righted so easily?

So, I am going to stop drinking milk for a month and see if I notice any changes. And let me just tell you this is no easy feat. I love milk!! It is an addiction I have had since my adopted momma popped a bottle in my thirsty little mouth.


Wish me luck,
J.C.

p.s. yes, I will continue taking my meds and no I do not think my heart condition will be cured, but if you read some of the search pages, I may feel a little better even so.

1 comment: